What will your legacy be?
Help us to be there for future generations of patients and families in our care
Legacies, also known as gifts in wills, play a huge part in helping us continue to develop LOROS as a place of care and support for terminally ill patients, their families and carers.
Current legacy income for the Hospice makes up around 15% of a typical year’s income but is the result of decisions made in wills in the past, sometimes many years ago. That is why deciding to include a gift to LOROS in your will today is so important to help us protect the Hospice's long term future.
Leaving LOROS a gift in your will
LOROS is a registered charity. All care for patients and their families is provided free of charge. The Hospice needs to raise £870 per hour to maintain its services, and only a third of this amount is funded by the government. Currently the cost of caring for one in five of our patients is covered by gifts left in wills.
A gift in your will to LOROS costs you nothing today but should secure the future of the Hospice.
Our promise to you
- Your loved ones come first. We respect that
- We will answer your questions quickly and honestly
- Take time to make your decisions, we won’t put you under pressure
- We respect your right to privacy; you don’t have to tell us your decision
- Any gift we receive will be used effectively and wisely
- If there is a particular area you want your gift to go to, we will arrange it
- You can come and see the care and services we provide - just get in touch
- The tax advantages of making a will
- How to make a will
- Adding a gift to your existing will
- Glossary of terms
- Download a codicil form
Ask your questions
Use the form below to email us with your questions. Alternatively you can call Rachel Hill, Relationship Development Lead on (0116) 231 8431.