- Date: 3rd July 2021
- Venue: St George's Tower, 1A St Georges Way, Leicester, LE1 1SH
Cost: FREE if you pledge to raise £50, or £17 entry fee.
- To register:
Push yourself to the limit as you climb all the way to the top of one of Leicester’s tallest and most iconic buildings in this adrenaline-fueled challenge!!
The LOROS Tower Run is back for 2021! Have you got what it takes to take on the tower?
Your mission is simple: run, walk or crawl to the top of all 351 steps as fast as you can! Tower Running is one of the toughest, most intense workouts you can do and leg burn is guaranteed, but everyone is welcome to take on the tower! Whether you’re chasing the fastest time of the day or just want to make it to the top, the most important thing is having fun whilst supporting your local Hospice.
All of your efforts will be rewarded upon arrival when you have earned your impressive Tower Run medal and a glass of Prosecco!
Are YOU ready to take on the tower?! Sign up as an individual or put a team together with friends, family or colleagues and race each other to the top.
Information for participants
The event hub will be based on the concourse outside of the Premier Inn at the base of the building, with the start on the ground floor just around the corner. Participants will start at regular intervals and you will be able to choose a preferred 'early', 'middle', or 'late' start slot during registration.
If you are registering as part of a group of friends, team or club, please make sure that you include a team name or the names of those in your group when you register so that we can group your start times together. The event is chip-timed and live results will be available at the start tent on the day.
Start times are limited and so we recommend that you register in advance to avoid disappointment. We welcome both runners and walkers. Children between the age of 14 and 17 may take part so long as a parent or guardian is on-site at the event, whilst children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by participating adults at all times. The minimum age limit is eight years old.
All finishers will receive a medal as well as a glass of prosecco to celebrate once they reach the finish on the top floor. Don't forget to take in the great views across the entire city!
For any further queries please contact the LOROS Fundraising Department by email at email@example.com, or by phone on (0116) 231 8431. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday 3rd July!
We are working really hard to make sure that all our LOROS events go ahead safely in 2021, giving you both the peace of mind that any necessary precautions relating to the pandemic have been taken as well as the confidence that you are protected if you are unable to take part due to COVID-19. Please note that practices may change as vaccines become more prevalent but for the LOROS Tower Run currently, this means:
• As is normal, start times will be staggered giving you the space to run without crowding on the stairwell.
• All participants are asked to arrive no more than 30 minutes before their start time to avoid crowding at the event.
• No participants will be allowed inside the Premier Inn hotel on the day (unless of course, you are staying the night).
• The event has been moved back from its normal date in March, to Saturday 3rd July, after the date which the government roadmap expects many COVID-19 guidelines to be removed. The warmer weather will also enable participants to remain outside whilst waiting to start.
• The bannister in the stairwell will be sanitised before the event starts, and all participants will be expected to sanitise their hands before starting.
• Hand sanitiser will also be available at registration and in the finish lobby.
• Masks should be worn in the start funnel and will be available again at the top of the tower when you finish.
• Windows will be opened in the stairwell ensuring fresh airflow.
• Masks must be worn when using the lift, and an alternative method for leaving the building down a separate set of stairs will also be available.
• Depending on the severity of restrictions at the time, we will be limited the amount of time that people spend on the top floor before returning outside to retrieve their result. • If you are unwell, are showing symptoms, have tested positive recently for COVID-19 (or been in contact with anyone that has) we kindly ask that you do not attend the event. • Should you be unable to attend due to COVID-19, you are welcome to request a refund of your entry fee, or we would love for you to consider donating it to LOROS Hospice.
Getting to the event
Venue addressSt George's Tower
1A St Georges Way