Masterclass - End of Life Care and Dementia
Date and time
26th January, 2021
Duration: 3 hours 13.30 – 16.30
This course is fully funded and only available for staff working in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
VenueDelivered virtually via ECHO Zoom for business (Secure) Delivered virtually via ECHO Zoom for business (Secure)
About this workshop
• Recognising deterioration and dying.
• Effective communication to assist with the assessment of needs for people with advanced dementia.
• The challenges of symptom recognition and management.
• Evidence based approaches to the management of pain and other symptoms.
Delegates attending the session will leave with:
• A better understanding of the challenges caring for people with dementia who are dying.
• Strategies to enhance communication.
• Information on how to identify symptoms associated with end of life care in advanced dementia.
• Understand the importance of holistic care of the dying patient with dementia.
In order to ensure that we will deliver training safely and to comply with safety measures under the COVID situation, we will be delivering some of our training sessions using our ECHO (Extension of Community Healthcare Outcomes) technology. ECHO is a recognised and secure teleconferencing method of delivery using ECHO Zoom software and will require delegates to click onto a link that will be sent to them via E-mail to attend the session. The only requirement that delegates will need is a device that has a camera and microphone such as a computer, laptop, iPad, iPhone or smart phone.