Masterclass - End of Life Care and Dementia
Date and time
26th January, 2021
Duration: 3 hours 13.30 – 16.30
VenueLOROS, Groby Road, Lecester, LE3 9QE LOROS
About this workshop
• Recognising deterioration and dying.
• Effective communication to assist with the assessment of needs for people with advanced dementia.
• The challenges of symptom recognition and management.
• Evidence based approaches to the management of pain and other symptoms.
Delegates attending the session will leave with:
• A better understanding of the challenges caring for people with dementia who are dying.
• Strategies to enhance communication.
• Information on how to identify symptoms associated with end of life care in advanced dementia.
• Understand the importance of holistic care of the dying patient with dementia.