Important End of Life Conversations
Date and time
18th February 2021 2.00pm - 3.30pm
This course is fully funded and only available for staff working in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
VenueNot Applicable Not Applicable
About this workshop
Conversations about end of life and dying can be particularly challenging for health and social care workers and pivotal for patients. This session will:
• Explore the communication skills and tools that may be helpful when having these important conversations.
• Discuss the impact of having these conversations on staff.
• Allow delegates to collectively explore / re-address issues or situations that have proved difficult
• Improve and enhance their existing skills
• Gain confidence and tools to better equip them in their role to have compassionate conversations patients and their families/ carers’ and each other.
This session will be delivered using our ECHO (Extension of Community Healthcare Outcomes) technology. ECHO is a recognised and secure teleconferencing method of delivery using ECHO Zoom software and will require delegates to simply click onto a link that will be sent to them via E mail to attend the session. The only requirement that delegates will need is a device that has a camera and microphone such as a computer, laptop, iPad or iPhone