End of Life Care for People with Dementia
Date and time
21st January 2021 2.00pm - 3.30pm
This course is fully funded and only available for staff working in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
VenueNot Applicable Not Applicable
About this workshop
The session will explores the complexities of dying with or from dementia.
• Recognising deterioration and dying
• Effective communication to assist with the assessment of needs for people with advanced dementia
• The challenges of symptom recognition and management
Delegates attending the session will leave with:
• A better understanding of the principles of enabling good end of life care for people living with dementia and their carers.
• Information on how to identify symptoms
The session will be delivered using our ECHO (Extension of Community Healthcare Outcomes) technology. ECHO is a recognised and secure teleconferencing method of delivery using ECHO Zoom software and will require delegates to simply click onto a link that will be sent to them via E mail to attend the session. The only requirement that delegates will need is a device that has a camera and microphone such as a computer, laptop, iPad or iPhone