Our vision, mission and values
(Our long term aspiration for our society)
Everyone with an incurable illness has the right to excellent care. This should value and respect their uniqueness and their own choices. People should be enabled to live and die with dignity and with appropriate and compassionate support for themselves and their loved ones.
(Our goals and activities in working towards our Vision)
LOROS is a charity whose aim is to enhance the quality of life of adult patients with cancer, progressive neurological conditions and end-stage organ failure for whom curative treatment is no longer possible. Patients are treated at the Hospice and in the community based upon clinical need, regardless of background and the ability to pay.
LOROS specialises in holistic, multidisciplinary care, focused on the whole person and including family and carers. The care given takes into account the patients’ physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs as well as their own choices. Family members are supported in adjusting to loss and bereavement.
LOROS contributes to the education and training of its own and other health and social care professionals and of volunteers. The charity is also committed to research in order to improve the understanding and practice of palliative care.
(How we will strive to be)
- Professional in our attitude and everything we do
- Focussed on patients, families and carers whilst listening, learning and adapting to their diverse needs
- Collaborative in working together and with others
- Compassionate in providing care and responding sensitively to requests for support
- Trusted within our organisation and by our community