Our aim is to provide appropriate support and advice for our colleagues.
The following guidelines should help to answer your most common questions:
- Mixing drugs in a syringe driver - Syringe driver mixing table
- Guidance on symptom control - Drs Rudd & Cooke’s A Guide to Prescribing for Patients with Malignancy or Palliative Care Adult Network Guidelines
- Palliative Care Prescribing - Specialist Recommendation Only Drugs
- Guidelines for the Management of Common Symptoms in the Last Few Days of Life
- Supportive care for adult renal patients with Established Renal Failure: information for GPs and District Nurses
- What to do when a patient dies with a T34 syringe pump running
- Local guidance to support the choice of strong opioid for palliative patients
- Motor Neurone Disease Guideline on withdrawal of non-invasive ventilation. Please discuss with the Motor Neurone Disease team for further information on (0116) 231 8437.
- Local Antimicrobial Guidelines on the Management of Acute Inflammatory Episodes (Cellulitis) in Lymphoedema in Adult Patients, approved by the Antimicrobial Working Party.
- Supporting adults with learning disabilities who are dying - The Making Choices Handbook for carers and people with a learning disability
- Local guidance on managing diabetes as end of life approaches which has been endorsed by the Clinical Director for the End of Life Care for NHS England
- An introduction to the core spiritual values and end-of-life considerations of the mainstream religious groups within Leicester city. Prepared by Irfhana Mururajani.